Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Documentary television programs
Nonfiction television programs
Biographical television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Spanish-language television programs
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Gita Saedi; Sally Jo Fifer; Ismail Bashey; David E Simpson; Steve James; Gordon Quinn; Leslie Simmer; Fenell Doremus; Susana Aikin; Carlos Aparicio; Renee Tajima-Pena; Evangeline Griego; Indu Krishnan; Jerry Blumenthal; Independent Television Service.; Kartemquin Films.; British Broadcasting Corporation.; Special Broadcasting Service (Australia); VPRO.
|Language Note:||English or Spanish language audio tracks, with subtitles as needed ; closed-captioned.|
|Notes:||Originally produced in 2003.|
|Credits:||Music composer, Norman Arnold ; cameras, Carlos Aparicio, Roddy Blelloch, Steve James, Dana Kupper, Gordon Quinn, Scott Sinkler, Viren Thambidorai ; editing, Susana Aikin, Jerry Blumenthal, Fenell Doremus, Johanna Demetrakas, Lisa Leeman, Indu Krishnan, Gita Saedi.
Nigerian story [The Ogoni refugees] produced by Gita Saedi ; directed by Steve James.
Palestinian story [The Palestinian bride] produced and directed by Jerry Blumenthal, Gordon Quinn, Fenell Doremus.
Dominican story [The Dominican baseball players] produced and directed by Susana Aiken, Carlos Aparicio.
Mexican story [The Mexican laborer] produced by Renee Tajima-PenÌa, Evangeline Griego ; directed by Renee Tajima-PenÌa.
Indian story [The Indian technical worker] produced and directed by Indu Krishnan.
|Performer(s):||Narrator, Ismail Bashey.|
|Event notes:||Originally broadcast on the PBS series Independent Lens March 29, 2004.|
|Description:||2 videodiscs (400 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||Disc 1: Episode 1 (ca. 114 min.) --
Episode 2 (ca. 114 min.) ; Disc 2: Episode 3 (ca. 172 min.) --
Bonus features: Additional scenes from all four stories --
Where are they now? slideshow.
|Other Titles:||The Ogoni refugees.
The Palestinian bride.
The Dominican baseball players.
The Mexican laborer.
The Indian technical worker.
Independent lens (Television program)
|Responsibility:||Produced by Kartemquin Educational Films ; produced in association with the Independent Television Service ; with additional support from BBC / Nick Fraser, SBS TV Australia, VPRO The Netherlands ; executive producer for ITVS, Sally Jo Fifer ; series producer, Gita Saedi ; executive producers, Steve James, Gordon Quinn ; series editors, David E. Simpson, Steve James ; series story editor, Leslie Simmer.|
Educational Media Reviews Online (1)
- Immigrants -- United States.
- Immigrants -- Cultural assimilation.
- Immigrants -- Cultural assimilation -- United States.
- Immigrants -- United States -- Social conditions.
- Immigrants -- United States -- Economic conditions.
- Immigrants -- United States -- Biography.
- Immigrant families -- United States.
- Immigrants -- United States -- History -- 21st century.
- United States -- Emigration and immigration.
- Dominicans (Dominican Republic) -- Cultural assimilation -- United States.
- Nigerians -- Cultural assimilation -- United States.
- Palestinian Arabs -- Cultural assimilation -- United States.
- East Indians -- Cultural assimilation -- United States.
- Mexicans -- Cultural assimilation -- United States.