Eric Schmidt; Jared Cohen
|注意：||"This is a Borzoi book"--Title page verso.|
|描述：||315 pages ; 25 cm|
|内容：||Our Future Selves --
The Future of Identity, Citizenship and Reporting --
The Future of States --
The Future of Revolution --
The Future of Conflict, Combat and Intervention --
The Future of Reconstruction --
The Future of Terrorism.
|责任：||Eric Schmidt and Jared Cohen.|
In collaboration, two leading global thinkers from in technology and foreign affairs from Google give readers their widely anticipated, transformational vision of the future: a world where everyone is connected, a world full of challenges and benefits that are ours to meet and to harness. With their combined knowledge and experiences, the authors are uniquely positioned to take on some of the toughest questions about our future: Who will be more powerful in the future, the citizen or the state? Will technology make terrorism easier or harder to carry out? What is the relationship between privacy and security, and how much will we have to give up to be part of the new digital age? In this they combine observation and insight to outline the promise and peril awaiting us in the coming decades. This is a forward-thinking account of where our world is headed and what this means for people, states and businesses. With the confidence and clarity of visionaries, the authors illustrate just how much we have to look forward to, and beware of, as the greatest information and technology revolution in human history continues to evolve. On individual, community and state levels, across every geographical and socioeconomic spectrum, they reveal the dramatic developments both good and bad, that will transform both our everyday lives and our understanding of self and society, as technology advances and our virtual identities become more and more fundamentally real. As their nuanced vision of the near future unfolds, an urban professional takes his driverless car to work, attends meetings via hologram and dispenses housekeeping robots by voice; a Congolese fisherwoman uses her smart phone to monitor market demand and coordinate sales (saving on costly refrigeration and preventing overfishing); the potential arises for "virtual statehood" and "Internet asylum" to liberate political dissidents and oppressed minorities, but also for tech-savvy autocracies (and perhaps democracies) to exploit their citizens' mobile devices for ever more ubiquitous surveillance. Along the way, we meet a cadre of international figures, including Julian Assange, who explain their own visions of our technology-saturated future. This book is an analysis of how our hyper-connected world will soon look.
- Digital electronics -- Social aspects -- Forecasting.
- Digital electronics -- Political aspects -- Forecasting.
- Digital media -- Social aspects -- Forecasting.
- Digital media -- Political aspects -- Forecasting.
- Information technology -- Social aspects -- Forecasting.
- Information technology -- Political aspects -- Forecasting.
- Computers and civilization -- Forecasting.
- Technology and civilization -- Forecasting.
- Innovations technologiques.
- Technologies de l'information et de la communication.
- Société de l'information.
- Sécurité internationale.
- Réalité virtuelle.
- Computerunterstützte Kommunikation.
- Neue Medien.
- Carmichael Browsing Collection Favorites(235 资料)
由 CarmichaelLibrary 已更新 大约2天前
- H—SOCIAL SCIENCES(117 资料)
由 richlyninfo 已更新 大约2天前
- colonialism (post-/de-)/imperialism (anti-)/[neo-](226 资料)
由 schusterp 已更新 大约3天前
- Understanding Digital Businesses(173 资料)
由 manojgangiri 已更新 大约一个月前
- New Books for 2014-2015 Part 2(500 资料)
由 SLUtechnicalservices 已更新 2015-03-04