Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xix, 268 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||Church and State : what are the questions? What's at stake? Benighted, befuddled, fundamentalist, and fascist? : an introduction to the book ; Freedom of conscience and separating church from state : a short history ; The evangelical turn to conservatism : reuniting church and state? ; Church-state blurrings ; The Möbius strip : ironies of state neutrality toward religion --
Robust religion within liberal democracy : America's "new evangelicals". The "new evangelical" landscape : an overview ; "New evangelicals" : underlying beliefs ; "New evangelicalism" in practice : political and economic activism ; "New evangelicalism in practice" : the environment, abortion, gay unions --
Concluding remarks : against sectarian and secular fundamentalism.
Jose Casanova -- Georgetown University "Marcia Pally's book opens an insightful and sympathetic window into the world of the 'new evangelicals, ' capturing their voices, their beliefs, and their
- Evangelicalism -- United States.
- Church and state -- United States.
- Liberalism -- Religious aspects -- Protestant churches.
- Democracy -- Religious aspects -- Protestant churches.
- Evangelicalism - United States.
- Democracy - Religious aspects - Protestant churches.
- Church And State - United States.
- Liberalism - Religious aspects - Protestant churches.