Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Nuttall, Zelia, 1858-1933.
New light on Drake.
London, Printed for the Hakluyt Society, 1914
|Named Person:||Francis Drake; Francis Drake, Sir; Francis Drake|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Zelia Nuttall, Mrs; Pedro Sarmiento de Gamboa; Nuno da Silva
|Description:||lvi, 443  pages frontispiece, portraits, maps (1 folded) facsimiles (some folded), 22 cm.|
pt. I. Testimony of English captives in America. --
pt. II. Narrative of Pedro Sarmiento de Gamboa. --
pt. III. Spanish official documents. --
pt. IV. Depositions of fifteen prisoners taken by Drake between February 5th and April 4th, 1579. --
pt. V. Official reports to Viceroy and King of Spain relating to Drake's entry into the port of Guatulco. --
pt. VI. First depositions of prisoners released at Guatulco and official reports. --
pt. VII. The log-book of Nuño da Silva. --
pt. VIII. Documents relating to Nuño da Silva's trial by the Inquisition. --
pt. IX. English documents relating to the cargo of Nuño da Silva's ship and its restitution. --
pt. X. Spanish documents relating to Nuño da Silva after his release from the Inquisition. --
pt. XI. First official reports concerning Drake's voyage received by King Philip II. pt. XII. Charges against Drake formulated in Spain but written in English. --
pt. XIII. False charges against Drake and their refutation.
|Series Title:||Works issued by the Hakluyt Society, 2nd ser., no. 34.|
|Responsibility:||translated and edited by Zelia Nuttall.|
- Drake, Francis, -- approximately 1540-1596 -- Travel.
- Voyages around the world -- Early works to 1800.
- Voyages around the world -- History -- 16th century -- Sources.
- Drake, Francis, -- Sir, -- 1540?-1596.
- Drake, Francis, Sir -- Early works to 1800
- Drake, Francis, Sir -- Travel
- Voyages around the world -- Early works to 1800
- Voyages around the world -- Sources -- History -- 16th century
- Drake, Francis, -- approximately 1540-1596.
- Voyages around the world.