Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Criticism, interpretation, etc
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
|Material Type:||Biography, Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 online resource.|
|Contents:||Among Cromwell's Children: The Irish in Yankee New England Requiem for the St. John : Thoreau's 'The Shipwreck' as Irish Famine Narrative Blighted Prospects: Irish Historical Haunting in America Fair and Funeral: Henry O'Clarence McCarthy and the American Fenian Years Broom and Bridget: The Irish Servant and New England Households Harold Frederic, The Irish, and The Damnation of Theron Ware The Liffey to the Red River: Demented Mentors in Scott Fitzgerald's "Absolution" and Joyce's 'The Sisters' John Ford, the Irish, and His Cavalry Trilogy Jack Conroy, the Irish-American Left, and the Radical Irish Legacy Dublin to Bodega Bay: The Dark Side of Alfred Hitchcock's Juno and the Paycock 'Missouri Sequence': Brian Coffey's St. Louis Years Migration and Memory: Irish Poetry in the U.S. The Celtic Carnivalesque and Muriel Rukeyser's Irish Journey of Passion and Transformation 'He's Irish, and He Broods Easy' - John McNulty and the Irish Cohort at The New Yorker|
|Series Title:||New directions in Irish and Irish American literature|
WINNER OF THE MICHAEL J. DURKAN PRIZE FOR BOOKS ON IRISH CULTURE! "New World Irish advances scholarship on Irish-America in several ways: sometimes by unsettling conventional wisdom, sometimes by
- Irish Americans -- Intellectual life -- 19th century.
- Irish Americans -- Intellectual life -- 20th century.
- Irish Americans -- Biography.
- Irish in literature.
- American literature -- History and criticism.
- American literature -- Irish American authors -- History and criticism.
- Irish literature -- History and criticism.
- United States -- Relations -- Ireland.
- Ireland -- Relations -- United States.
- American literature.
- American literature -- Irish American authors.
- International relations.
- Irish Americans.
- Irish Americans -- Intellectual life.
- Irish literature.
- United States.