Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Gerard Brown; Gerard Brown; Betty Buckley; John Gielgud; Joel Grey; David Hare; Rupert Holmes; Marilyn Michaels; André Robinson, Jr.; George Rose; Alfre Woodard|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Betty Buckley; John Gielgud; Joel Grey; Marilyn Michaels; André Robinson, Jr.; George Rose; Alfre Woodard; Gerard Brown; Rupert Holmes; Larry Kramer; New York Shakespeare Festival Public Theater.
|Notes:||Dubbed compilation of segments taped off air.
No credits on tape; title supplied by cataloger.
This video separated from the New York Shakespeare Festival collection, *T-Mss 1993-028.
Segment one: Today show, aired Channel 4, October 8, 1985, 7:00 a.m. Gene Shalit's review of the motion picture Plenty. Interview with actor John Gielgud.
Segment two: Prime of your life, aired Channel 4, October 12, 1985, 7:00 p.m. Interview with performer George Rose about his role in the New York Shakespeare Festival production of the Rupert Holmes musical The mystery of Edwin Drood. Brief performance footage.
Segment three: Inday news, aired Channel 4, October 14, 1985, 12:30 p.m. Interview with actor Joel Grey in which he mentions his role in the Larry Kramer play The normal heart, which debuted at the New York Shakespeare Festival.
Segment four: Live at five, aired Channel 4, October 15, 1985, 5:00 p.m. Interview with Joel Grey in which he mentions his role in The normal heart.
Segment five: Prime of your life, aired Channel 4, October 19, 1985, 7:00 p.m. Interview with Joel Grey in which he mentions his role in The normal heart.
Segment six: Today show, aired Channel 4, October 23, 1985, 7:00 a.m. Interview with actor Alfre Woodard about her role in the New York Shakespeare Festival production of the David Hare play A map of the world.
Segment seven: Ten o'clock news, aired Channel 5, November 3, 1985, 10:00 p.m. Report on the New York Shakespeare Festival production of the Gerard Brown play Jonin'. Interviews with Brown and director André Robinson, Jr. Brief performance footage.
Segment eight: News at five, aired Channel 2, November 14, 1985, 5:00 p.m. Interview with performer Betty Buckley about her role in The mystery of Edwin Drood. Brief performance footage.
Segment nine: Morning show, aired Channel 7, November 18, 1985, 9:00 a.m. Interview with performer Marilyn Michaels about the YIVO benefit held at the Public Theater.
|Description:||1 videocassette (60 min.) : sound, color ; 3/4 in. (U-matic).|
|Series Title:||Joseph Papp Public Theater/New York Shakespeare Festival Moving Image Collection|
|Other Titles:||Plenty (Motion picture)|
- Brown, Gerard -- Interviews.
- Brown, Gerard. -- Jonin'
- Buckley, Betty -- Interviews.
- Gielgud, John, -- 1904-2000 -- Interviews.
- Grey, Joel, -- 1932- -- Interviews.
- Hare, David, -- 1947- -- Map of the world.
- Holmes, Rupert. -- Mystery of Edwin Drood.
- Michaels, Marilyn -- Interviews.
- Robinson, André, -- Jr. -- Interviews.
- Rose, George, -- 1920-1988 -- Interviews.
- Woodard, Alfre, -- 1953- -- Interviews.
- New York Shakespeare Festival Public Theater.
- Yivo Institute for Jewish Research.
- Plenty (Motion picture)
- Actors -- Interviews.
- Actresses -- Interviews.
- Dramatists -- Interviews.
- Musical theater -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Theater -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Theatrical producers and directors -- Interviews.
- Theatrical productions -- New York (State) -- New York -- 1981-1990.