Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0745616488 9780745616483 0745616496 9780745616490|
|Description:||viii, 120 pages ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||1. Non-Governmental Organizations: Pawns or Practitioners? --
2. The Ties that Bind: Northern NGOs' Relationships with Southern NGOs --
3. Analysing Institutional Interdependence: A Conceptual Framework --
4. Paying the Piper and Calling the Tune: Northern NGOs' Capacity-Building Support for Southern NGOs --
5. Cascading Conditionalities and the Role of International Organizations in Capacity Building --
6. Sierra Leone and The Gambia: Case Studies of NGO Interdependence --
7. Sustainable Idealism: Innovative Financing Strategies and NGOs' Contribution to Civil Society Development --
8. Conclusions: 'Just Say No': Strengthening Southern NGOs' Capacity to Contribute to Civil Society.
|Responsibility:||Ann C. Hudock.|
'Hudock makes a highly original contribution to an NGO literature which has on the whole tended to be stronger on empirical detail than conceptual clarity. The book challenges the glibness of much of