Personal narratives, American
Susan Luz; Marcus Brotherton
|注記：||"From the daughter-in-law of George Luz Sr., one of the original Band of Brothers."--Jacket.
"Awarded the Bronze Star."--Jacket.
"Colonel Susan Luz, the highest-ranking female member of her Massachusetts Army Reserve unit, was 56 when she received the letter deploying her unit to Iraq. She packed her bags, kissed her husband goodbye, and set off on a journey that would test her leadership as an officer, her compassion as a nurse, and her resolve as a witness to the brutalities of modern warfare. Her 15 months on the ground during the surge in Iraq in 2006 and 2007 form the keystone of this remarkable story of a life of service."--Dust jacket flap.
|物理形態：||xi, 243 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|コンテンツ：||Dangerous country ahead --
My personal Toccoa --
In the line of fire --
To become an army nurse --
The massacre of the innocents --
From a small, dark office --
A different type of craziness --
Love, in a dangerous time --
Reserve mission --
In a war zone --
The start of the bloodiest year --
Shot, wounded, killed --
My own star.
|責任者：||Susan Luz with Marcus Brotherton.|
- Luz, Susan.
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 -- Personal narratives, American.
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 -- Medical care -- United States.
- Nurses -- United States -- Biography.
- Women soldiers -- United States -- Biography.
- United States. -- Army Reserve -- Biography.
- Iraq War, 2003- -- Personal Narratives.
- Military Personnel -- United States -- Personal Narratives.
- Nurses -- United States -- Personal Narratives.