Find a copy in the library
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||Mark Owen; Osama Bin Laden; Osama Bin Laden; Usāma Ibn-Lādin; Usāma Ibn-Lādin; Mark Owen; Oussama Ben Laden|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Mark Owen; Kevin Maurer
|Description:||xiii, 316 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Chalk One --
Green team --
Top five/Bottom five --
The second deck --
Point man --
Maersk Alabama --
The long war --
Goat trails --
Something special in D.C. --
The pacer --
Killing time --
Go day --
Third deck --
Touch the magic.
|Responsibility:||Mark Owen ; with Kevin Maurer.|
From the streets of Iraq to the rescue of Captain Richard Phillips in the Indian Ocean, and from the mountaintops of Afghanistan to the third floor of Osama bin Laden's compound, operator Mark Owen of the U.S. Naval Special Warfare Development Group--commonly known as SEAL Team Six--has been a part of some of the most memorable special operations in history, as well as countless missions that never made headlines. No Easy Day puts readers alongside Owen and the other handpicked members of the twenty-four-man team as they train for the biggest mission of their lives. The blow-by-blow narrative of the assault, beginning with the helicopter crash that could have ended Owen's life straight through to the radio call confirming Bin Laden's death, is an essential piece of modern history. In No Easy Day, Owen also takes readers onto the field of battle in America's ongoing War on Terror and details the selection and training process for one of the most elite units in the military. Owen's story draws on his youth in Alaska and describes the SEAL's quest to challenge themselves at the highest levels of physical and mental endurance. With boots-on-the-ground detail, Owen describes numerous previously unreported missions that illustrate the life and work of a SEAL and the evolution of the team after the events of September 11. In telling the true story of the SEALs whose talents, skills, experiences, and exceptional sacrifices led to one of the greatest victories in the War on Terror, Mark Owen honors the men who risk everything for our country, and he leaves readers with a deep understanding of the warriors who keep America safe.
- Owen, Mark, -- 1976?-
- United States. -- Navy. -- SEALs -- Biography.
- United States. -- Navy -- Commando troops -- Biography.
- Bin Laden, Osama, -- 1957-2011 -- Assassination.
- Bin Laden, Osama, -- 1957-2011 -- Death and burial.
- Qaida (Organization)
- Terrorism -- United States -- Prevention.
- Special operations (Military science) -- United States.
- Special operations (Military science) -- Pakistan.
- Special forces (Military science) -- United States.
- War on Terrorism, 2001-2009.
- Abbottābād (Pakistan)
- Ibn-Lādin, Usāma, -- 1957-2011.
- USA. -- Marine. -- Sea, Air, Land Teams.
- Owen, Mark.
- Ben Laden, Oussama, -- (1957-2011) -- Assassinat.
- États-Unis. -- Navy -- Biographies.
User lists with this item (22)
- English(45 items)
by Bedar updated about 3 weeks ago
- UB Leisure Reading(489 items)
by LangsdaleLibrary updated about a month ago
- Military(22 items)
by firstname.lastname@example.org updated 2016-10-05
- War Stories: The War on Terror(18 items)
by christopher27131 updated 2016-06-14
- Mortuary Science(92 items)
by ann_priestman updated 2015-12-15