|描述：||421 pages ; 24 cm|
"Gordimer trains her keen eye on Steve and Jabulile, an interracial couple living in a newly, tentatively, free South Africa. They have a daughter, Sindiswa; they move to the suburbs; Steve becomes a lecturer at a university; Jabulile trains to become a lawyer; there is another child, a boy this time. There is nothing so extraordinary about their lives, and yet, in telling their story and the stories of their friends and families, Gordimer manages to capture the tortured, fragmented essence of a nation struggling to define itself post-apartheid."--Publisher's website.
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction.
- Interracial marriage -- Fiction.
- South Africa -- Social conditions -- 1994- -- Fiction.
- Race relations -- Fiction.
- Collective memory -- South Africa -- Fiction.
- South Africa -- History -- 1994- -- Fiction.
- South Africa -- Social life and customs -- Fiction.
- Post-apartheid era -- South Africa -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Interracial marriage.
- Social conditions.
- South Africa.