|提及的人：||Cleveland Abbe; Alexander Agassiz; Spencer Fullerton Baird; William Ferrel; G Brown Goode; A D Bache; George Davidson; Charles S Peirce; Charles A Schott; Harry Wexler|
|材料类型：||政府刊物, 国家级的政府刊物, 互联网资源|
Albert E Theberge; NOAA Central Library,
|描述：||Online resource (website) : HTML, JPEG files, illustrations (some color)|
|内容：||Giants of science (http://www.history.noaa.gov/giants_index.html) --
Weather Service biographies (http://www.history.noaa.gov/nws_bioindex1.html) --Coast and Geodetic Survey biographies (http://www.history.noaa.gov/cgs_bioindex1.html)
|其他题名：||Profiles in time
NOAA profiles in time
|责任：||[developed by Albert E. Theberge, NOAA Central Library].|
"Reputations and accomplishments of organizations are built on the backs of individuals. An organization is the sum total of the values, qualities, and spiritual and physical strength of the individuals comprising its many elements. Hardware helps, but the real backbone of any organization is its personnel. NOAA today is the result of those who passed before. As such, Profiles in Time is a collection of biographical sketches of scientists, meteorologists, engineers, laborers, geophysicists, observers, cartographers, secretaries, mathematicians, instrument- makers, sailors, pilots, truck-drivers, mechanics, carpenters, and all of the other individuals and occupations that comprised the Coast Survey and Weather Bureau in their various names and organizational structures. This small assemblage of names and lives is but a sampler of the thousands of dedicated individuals who have served in these organizations since its inception. However, in perusing their adventures and accomplishments, perhaps the reader will come to understand that organizations such as NOAA have a spiritual heritage that inspires those who continue traveling along the path of those who went before"--Home page.
- Abbe, Cleveland, -- 1838-1916 -- Biography.
- Agassiz, Alexander, -- 1835-1910 -- Biography.
- Baird, Spencer Fullerton, -- 1823-1887 -- Biography.
- Ferrel, William, -- 1817-1891 -- Biography.
- Goode, G. Brown -- (George Brown), -- 1851-1896 -- Biography.
- Bache, A. D. -- (Alexander Dallas), -- 1806-1867 -- Biography.
- Davidson, George, -- 1825-1911 -- Biography.
- Peirce, Charles S. -- (Charles Sanders), -- 1839-1914 -- Biography.
- Schott, Charles A. -- (Charles Anthony), -- 1826-1901 -- Biography.
- Wexler, Harry, -- 1911-1962 -- Biography.
- United States. -- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration -- Officials and employees -- History.
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey -- Officials and employees -- History.
- United States Coast Survey -- Officials and employees -- History.
- United States. -- Weather Bureau -- Officials and employees -- History.
- United States. -- National Weather Service -- Officials and employees -- History.
- Surveyors -- United States -- History -- Biography.
- Scientists -- United States -- History -- Biography.
- Meteorologists -- United States -- History -- Biography.
- Marine biologists -- United States -- History -- Biography.