Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Non-governmental organizations in contemporary China.
London ; New York : Routledge, 2006
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 online resource (xiv, 241 pages) : illustrations.|
|Contents:||1. In search of civil society in China : theoretical and historical discourses --
2. 'Small government, big society' : the Chinese government's NGO policy and its dilemma --
3. NGO landscape in China : classification, scope, and autonomy --
4. Social capital : the significance and dynamics of grassroots NGOs and social networks --
5. Corporatism vs civil society : NGOs in the economic realm --
6. 'It takes two to tangle' : international NGOs in China and their impacts.
|Series Title:||Routledge contemporary China series, 6.|
'This book contains a wealth of interesting new material and insights...Ma writes in a clear, easily readable style that helps engage a reader's interest. Her book is recommended to anyone who wishes