Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Cesare Cornoldi; Irene C Mammarella; Jodene Goldenring Fine
|Contents:||Machine generated contents note: 1. Past and Present Research --
2. Cognitive and Academic Weaknesses of Children with NLD --
3. Emotional and Social Difficulties of Children with NLD --
4. Neurological and Anatomical Evidence --
5. The Diagnostic Criteria: Looking for a Consensus --
6. Differential Diagnosis and Assessment of Children with NLD --
7. Strategies and Content of Interventions --
8. Case Studies --
|Responsibility:||Cesare Cornoldi, Irene C. Mammarella, Jodene Goldenring Fine|
Subject Areas/Keywords: adolescents, assessments, children, developmental disabilities, diagnostic criteria, differential diagnosis, interventions, learning difficulties, learning disorders, mathematics disabilities, neuropsychological evaluations, neuropsychology, NLD, nonverbal learning disabilities, nonverbal learning disability, nonverbal learning disorder, NVLD, visuospatial deficits DESCRIPTION Increasing numbers of children and adolescents are being diagnosed with nonverbal learning disabilities (NLD), yet clinicians and educators have few scientific resources to guide assessment and intervention. This book presents up-to-date knowledge on the nature of NLD and how to differentiate it from DSM-5 disorders such as autism spectrum disorder and specific learning disorders. Effective strategies for helping K-12 students and their families address the challenges of NLD in and outside of the classroom are illustrated with vivid case material. The authors thoughtfully consider controversies surrounding NLD, discuss why the diagnosis is not included in the current DSM and ICD classification systems, and identify important directions for future research"
- Nonverbal learning disabilities.
- Learning disabled children.
- Social skills in children.
- PSYCHOLOGY / Neuropsychology
- MEDICAL / Neuroscience
- EDUCATION / Special Education / Learning Disabilities
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Social Work
- PSYCHOLOGY / Developmental / Child
- Learning disabled children
- Nonverbal learning disabilities
- Social skills in children