Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Government publication, National government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
E J Powell; Henry Kellett; G H Richards; Great Britain. Hydrographic Office.
|Notes:||Shows detailed topography and bathymetry in fathoms of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and waters between Strait of Georgia and Admiralty Inlet. Identifies islands, coastal features, reefs, banks, kelp beds, points of anchorage, and mountain peaks. Also gives information on lighthouses, bottom types, and tides. Boundary line is shaded red on the side of the British possessions and blue on the side of the American possessions.
Published in: Message of the President of the United States with the accompanying documents transmitted to the two houses of Congress at the beginning of the first session of the forty-third Congress. Washington: GPO, 1873. House Ex. Doc. 1, part 1, 43rd Congress, 1st session. Serial Set 1594.
"London. _ Prepared at the Admiralty 1st Novr., 1872 under the superintendence of Rear Admiral G.H. Richards, C.B.F.R.S. Hydrographer."
"Chart referred to in the protocol of the undersigned of this date. Hamilton Fish [signed], Edward Thornton [signed], James C. Prevost [signed]. Washington, March 10, 1873."
Depths shown by soundings.
Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
|Description:||1 map : color ; 72 x 110 cm, foded to 22 x 13 cm|
|Cartographic Mathematical Data:||Scale [ca. 1:165,000]; (W 124Â°50Ê¹--W 122Â°25Ê¹/N 49Â°05Ê¹--N 48Â°05Ê¹).|
|Responsibility:||drawn by Edward J. Powell of the Hydrographic Office.|
- Juan de Fuca, Strait of (B.C. and Wash.) -- Maps.
- Georgia, Strait of (B.C. and Wash.) -- Maps.
- Northwest boundary of the United States -- Maps.
- Canada -- Boundaries -- United States -- Maps.
- United States -- Boundaries -- Canada -- Maps.
- British Columbia -- Boundaries -- Washington (State) -- Maps.
- Washington (State) -- Boundaries -- British Columbia -- Maps.
- British Columbia.
- Pacific Ocean -- Strait of Georgia.
- Pacific Ocean -- Strait of Juan de Fuca.
- United States.
- United States -- Northwest boundary of the United States.
- Washington (State)