|提及的人：||Wilbur Hobby; William M Barbee; E A Britt; Christopher Scott|
|所有的作者/貢獻者：||North Carolina State AFL-CIO.; North Carolina State Federation of Labor.|
|注意：||Cataloged as part of the Georgia Archives and Manuscripts Automated Access Project: A Special Collections Gateway Program of the University Center in Georgia.|
|描述：||94 linear ft.|
The collection consists of records of the North Carolina State AFL-CIO and its predecessor, the North Carolina State Federation of Labor from 1950-1981. Includes administrative files (1950-1981) consisting of correspondence, financial records, and files pertaining to the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union, the AFL-CIO's Industrial Union Department, Public Employee Department, and Committee on Political Education. Also contains material regarding the North Carolina gubernatorial campaign of Wilbur Hobby, president of the North Carolina State AFL-CIO. Correspondents include William M. Barbee, E.A. Britt, and Christopher Scott. The name files (1957-1981) contain correspondence, newspaper clippings, newsletters, and printed materials relating to national, state, and local elected officials; civil rights; and labor activists. The subject files (1949-1981) include correspondence, newspaper clippings, and reports pertaining to the Occupational Safety and Health Act, the Carolina Skills Advancement Center, the J.P. Stevens Company, the Equal Rights Amendment, voter registration, tax reform, the textile industry, and public employees. The collection also contains audio cassettes, reel to reel tapes, photographs, and slides.
- Hobby, Wilbur.
- Barbee, William M.
- Britt, E. A.
- Scott, Christopher.
- J.P. Stevens Company.
- Carolina Skills Advancement Center.
- AFL-CIO. -- Committee on Political Education.
- AFL-CIO. -- Public Employees Department.
- AFL-CIO. -- Industrial Union Department.
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union.
- United States. -- Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970.
- Equal rights amendments -- United States.
- Voter registration -- North Carolina.
- Labor unions -- Political activity -- North Carolina.
- Civil rights -- United States.
- Labor unions -- North Carolina.
- Industrial relations -- North Carolina.
- Labor unions and education -- North Carolina.
- North Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1951-
- North Carolina -- Labor -- Trade-unions.