Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Pedro Camejo; Ralph Nader; Pedro Camejo; Ralph Nader|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||ix, 364 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm|
This is the autobiography of a remarkable life. As the New York Times wrote, "A first generation Venezuelan-American ... Mr. Camejo [spoke] out against the Vietnam War and for the rights of migrant workers. He marched in Selma, Alabama, with the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King." As a veteran of the civil rights, antiwar, environmental, and socialist movements, Camejo's was an impassioned voice of discontent. His many campaigns for public office provided a unique platform for challenging the priorities of a system that prizes profits above all else.
Camejo's memoir describes a life devoted to the fight for a better world. His story traverses the Americas, bringing readers inside many of the defining movements of the last half century. The resulting book serves both as a record of Camejo's uncompromising commitment to justice and equality and as a guide for the struggles to come.
"Peter was a friend, colleague, and politically courageous champion of the downtrodden and mistreated of the entire Western hemisphere."--Ralph Nader --Book Jacket.
- Camejo, Pedro.
- Political activists -- United States -- Biography.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1989-
- Vice-Presidential candidates -- United States -- Biography.
- California -- Politics and government -- 1951-
- Political candidates -- California -- Biography.
- Greens/Green Party USA -- Biography.
- Nader, Ralph -- Friends and associates.
- Hispanic Americans -- Biography.
- Nader, Ralph.
- Greens/Green Party USA.
- Hispanic Americans.
- Political activists.
- Political candidates.
- Political science.
- Vice-Presidential candidates.
- United States.
User lists with this item (1)
- Hispanic American Subjects 2010-2013 in UC not UCSB(219 items)
by SalGuerena updated about 2 days ago