Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
The letters and reminiscences in the manuscript collections (undated and 1876-1962) primarily recount the personal experiences of southern Minnesota residents during the robbery and subsequent manhunt. The research file (1921-1923) was compiled by William Watts Folwell and includes manuscript items pertaining to the robbery, including Cole Younger's handwritten narrative description of the robbery; research notes and correspondence on the subject; and Folwell's manuscript describing the robbery and subsequent events in the lives of the Younger brothers.
The government records (1854-1979, bulk 1876-1979) consist largely of selected records of two government agencies--the Minnesota State Prison (Stillwater) and the Minnesota Board of Pardons. The prison records include case files, commitment papers, convict registers, a record of sentences, a physical condition record, and miscellaneous records. The pardon board records include pardon calendars and pardon application registers and case files. There are also two Rice County district court criminal case files relating to the Youngers' indictment and conviction for robbery and murder and a small file relating to parole and pardon matters from the gubernatorial records of Governor Samuel R. Van Sant.
- Butler family.
- Young family.
- Butler, Patrick, -- 1821-1900.
- Chadwell, Bill.
- Gustavson, Nicolaus.
- Heywood, Joseph Lee, -- 1837-1876.
- Hodnefield, Jacob, -- 1877 or 1878-1960.
- Huntington, George, -- 1835-1916.
- James, Frank, -- 1844-1915.
- James, Jesse, -- 1847-1882.
- Leonard, Delavan L. -- (Delavan Levant), -- 1834-1917.
- Pitts, Charlie, -- -1876.
- Trenerry, Walter N., -- 1917-
- Missouri. -- General Assembly.
- Bank robberies -- Minnesota -- Northfield.
- Court records -- Minnesota -- Rice County.
- Criminals -- Minnesota.
- Fires -- Minnesota -- Rice County.
- Irish Americans -- Minnesota.
- Pardon -- Minnesota.
- Parole -- Minnesota.
- Pioneers -- Minnesota.
- Prisons -- Minnesota.
- Prisons -- Records and correspondence.
- Prisoners -- Minnesota.
- Outlaws -- Minnesota -- Northfield.
- Sheriffs -- Minnesota -- Watonwan County.
- Faribault (Minn.) -- History.
- Goodhue County (Minn.) -- History.
- Madelia (Minn.) -- History.
- Northfield (Minn.) -- Bank robbery, 1876.
- Watonwan County (Minn.) -- History.