Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Personal narratives, Russian
|Named Person:||V G Zaĭt︠s︡ev|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
V G Zaĭt︠s︡ev; Neil Okrent
|Notes:||Originally published, 1956 under the title: Za Volgoǐ zemli dli︠a︡ nas ne bylo : zapiski snaǐpera.|
|Description:||281 pages, 12 pages of plates : illustrations, map (some color) ; 22 cm|
|Other Titles:||Za Volgoĭ zemli dli︠a︡ nas ne bylo.
For us there was no land beyond the Volga :
|Responsibility:||edited by Neil Okrent ; translated by David Givens, Peter Kornakov, and Konstantin Kornakov.|
WorldCat User Reviews (2)
no need to buy the book
no need to buy this book get a russian original from russian official site http://militera.lib.ru/memo/russian/_zaytsev_/index.html and read it .Tell us what you think. Write a review of this item and share your opinions with others. Please be sure to focus...
- 0 of 2 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
The impression I have of Zaitsev's book is his discussion of tactics. The Red Army snipers always created fallback positions, or if that was impossible, they shot once and immediately vacated for another location. And, they often worked in teams, because the spotter using binoculars, or a trench...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Zaĭt︠s︡ev, V. G. -- (Vasiliĭ Grigorʹevich), -- 1915-1993 or 1994.
- Snipers -- Soviet Union -- Biography.
- Stalingrad, Battle of, Volgograd, Russia, 1942-1943.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, Russian.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Soviet Union.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Russia (Federation) -- Volgograd.
- Stalingrad -- Schlacht.
User lists with this item (2)
- Alex Repp(27 items)
by ahlyons updated 2009-09-22
- Holding the Zero--A Bibliography of Selected Works on Military Sniping(69 items)
by rdelgadillo updated 2012-04-07