Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Romantic comedy films
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Carole Lombard; Fredric March; Walter Connolly; Charles Winninger; Sig Rumann; Frank Fay; Maxie Rosenbloom; Margaret Hamilton; Olin Howland; Janet Gaynor; Adolphe Menjou; May Robson; Andy Devine; Lionel Stander; David O Selznick; Ben Hecht; William A Wellman; Dorothy Parker; Alan Campbell; Robert Carson; Oscar Levant; Max Steiner; Marengo Films (Firm); Selznick International Pictures.
|Notes:||Title from container.
"DVD double feature"--Container.
Cast lists and plot summaries on container reversed: information listed for Nothing sacred is the information for A star is born, and vice versa.
|Credits:||Nothing sacred: Music, Oscar Levant.
A star is born: Music, Max Steiner.
|Performer(s):||Nothing sacred cast: Carole Lombard, Fredric March, Walter Connolly, Charles Winninger, Sig Rumann, Frank Fay, Maxie Rosenbloom, Margaret Hamilton, Olin Howland.
A star is born cast: Janet Gaynor, Fredric March, Adolphe Menjou, May Robson, Andy Devine, Lionel Stander.
|Description:||1 videodisc (ca. 186 min.) : sd., col. and b&w ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||Nothing sacred / Selznick International ; produced by David O. Selznick ; screenwriter, Ben Hecht ; directed by William A. Wellman (1937 ; b&w ; 111 min.) --
A star is born / produced by David O. Selznick ; screenwriters, Dorothy Parker, Alan Campbell, Robert Carson ; directed by William A. Wellman ; (1937 ; color ; 75 min.).
|Other Titles:||Marengo Films presents
Star is born (Motion picture : 1937)
A star is born: A young woman aspires to be an actress and arrives in Hollywood with a bucket full of dreams. Life is tough for young actresses and only after she meets famous star Norman Maine does she get a break in a film. Their romance turns into a loving marriage but slowly her fame grows while Maine's star fades.
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
- Man-woman relationships -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
- Alcoholics -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
- Depressed persons -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
- Journalists -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
- Impostors and imposture -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
- Terminally ill -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
- Depressed persons.
- Impostors and imposture.
- Man-woman relationships.
- Motion picture actors and actresses.
- Terminally ill.
- California -- Los Angeles.
- New York (State) -- New York.