|ISBN:||9781439172490 1439172498 9781849832205 184983220X|
|描述：||xviii, 441 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.|
|内容：||Author's personal note --
Note to readers --
Cast of characters --
Chapter 1-33 --
President Obama's final orders, November 29, 2009 --
Chapter notes --
Photography credits --
In Obama's Wars, Bob Woodward provides the most intimate and sweeping portrait yet of the young president as commander in chief. Drawing on internal memos, classified documents, meeting notes and hundreds of hours of interviews with most of the key players, including the president, Woodward tells the inside story of Obama making the critical decisions on the Afghanistan War, the secret campaign in Pakistan and the worldwide fight against terrorism. Woodward has discovered how the Obama White House really works, showing that even more rough decisions lie ahead for the cerebral and engaged president. Obama's Wars offers the reader a stunning, you-are-there account of the president, his White House aides, military leaders, diplomats and intelligence chiefs in this time of turmoil and danger.--Book jacket.
- Obama, Barack -- Military leadership.
- United States -- Military policy -- Decision making.
- National security -- United States -- Decision making.
- Afghan War, 2001- -- United States.
- War on Terrorism, 2001-2009.
- Pakistan -- Military relations -- United States.
- United States -- Officials and employees -- Interviews.