Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0389206466 9780389206460 0710806175 9780710806178|
|Description:||x, 133 pages ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||The grammar of generation and the mark of self-making: a short analysis of John Donne, Shakespeare and Emily Dickinson --
Sexuality, Jane Austen's Fanny and Mansfield Park --
The "Humunculus": Marie Bonaparte's The life and work of Edgar Allan Poe and Poe's "The facts in the case of M. Valdemar", psychobiography, possession of the body, manipulation of the body, parody, transference and the "return" of the body --
Artaud, infection, the body, nothingness: the Tudor theatre and the problem of theatrical meaning --
King Lear: deviation, sexuality and the conception of nothing --
Reading and death: considering detective fiction in the nineteenth century --
Metaphor and reality, the "book", the cosmos: hands of God and man --
Secrets, the logos and silence: The gospel according to St. John.
- English literature -- History and criticism.
- Occultism in literature.
- American literature -- History and criticism.
- Psychoanalysis and literature -- English-speaking countries.
- Literature and spiritualism.
- Demonology in literature.
- Literature -- Philosophy.
- Sex in literature.
- American literature.
- English literature.
- Psychoanalysis and literature.
- English-speaking countries.
- Literature, to 1900 - Critical studies