|資料類型：||文獻, 更新網址, 網際網路資源|
|文件類型：||網路資源, 電腦資料, 連續更新的資源|
Minh-ha T Pham
To expand the conventional view of American fashion, in June 2010 Minh-ha Pham began collecting home and professional photographs, magazine articles and advertisements, retail packaging, and garments and accessories of, by, and about women of color from various archives, rare and out-of-print books and magazines, and - most importantly - from the public for an exhibition called "Of Another Fashion". This site serves to digitally archive related textual and visual materials and because many of these items cannot be physically displayed due to their fragile condition and quality, is a conservational space where they might be viewed and studied. In providing a glimpse of women of color's material cultural histories - a glimpse that no doubt only begins to redress the curatorial and critical absence of minoritized fashion histories - this archive and the forthcoming exhibition commemorates lives and experiences too often considered not important enough to save or to study. In this way, Of Another Fashion strives to be, in the words of Verne Harris, a site of "oppositional memory ... against systematic forgetting."
- Fashion -- Social aspects -- United States -- Blogs.
- Clothing and dress -- Social aspects -- United States -- Blogs.
- African American women -- Clothing -- United States -- Blogs.
- Asian American women -- Clothing -- United States -- Blogs.
- Hispanic American women -- Clothing -- United States -- Blogs.
- Minority women -- Clothing -- United States -- Blogs.
- Fashion -- United States -- History.