Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
California. Legislature. Senate. Select Committee on International Trade Policy and State Legislation.
Offshoring California's democracy and capital.
Sacramento, CA : Senate Publications, 
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||California. Legislature. Senate. Select Committee on International Trade Policy and State Legislation.|
|Notes:||"October 13, 2004, Santa Clara County Board Chambers, 70 West Hedding Street, San Jose, California, 6:30-9:00 P.M."
Senate Publications stock no.:1301-S.
|Description:||1 volume (various pagings) : illustrations ; 28 cm|
|Contents:||Agenda, invitees and witnesses. --
Transcript of hearing. --
Committee background documents. California: our laws at risk. Background information. Text of legislation (SJR 40). --
Panel I background documents. NAFTA, a decade of strengthening a dynamic relationship. Emerging integration of the California-Mexico economies [executive summary] / Howard J. Shatz, Luis Felipe López-Calva. America's high tech bust [selections] / Snigdha Srivastava, Nik Theodore (Center for Urban Economic Development, University of Illinois at Chicago). High price of free trade / by Robert E. Scott. --
Panel II background documents. Takings litigation goes global / by William T. Waren. Attorney General Bill Lockyer letter to Senators Boxer and Feinstein, April 3, 2002. When bad things happen to good laws / Sierra Club. California can choose to provide affordable prescription drugs / Joseph E. Brenner, Ellen R. Shaffer, Kristen D. Smith. State purchasing policy under attack / Public Citizen. --
Panel III background documents. Oppose CAFTA! / California Farmers Union. Genetic engineering & international trade agreements / prepared by Californians for GE-Free Agriculture. Letter to Representative Lofgren from California Coalition for Fair Trade & Human Rights, July 14, 2004. --
Related news articles.
|Other Titles:||Informational hearing
NAFTA, CAFTA and the tradeoffs of free trade
North American Free Trade Agreement, Central American Free Trade Agreement and the tradeoffs of free trade
An informational hearing on offshoring California's democracy and capital :
|Responsibility:||Senate Select Committee on International Trade Policy and the tradeoffs of free trade.|
- North American Free Trade Agreement -- (1992 December 17)
- Foreign trade regulation -- California.
- California -- Foreign economic relations.
- Free trade -- Mexico.
- Free trade -- California.
- Free trade -- Central America.
- Globalization -- Environmental aspects.
- Globalization -- Social aspects.
- International trade.
- Mexican-American Border Region -- Economic integration.
- California -- Commercial policy.
- United States -- Commercial treaties.
- Central America -- Commercial treaties.
- North American Free Trade Agreement (1992 December 17)
- Commercial policy.
- Foreign trade regulation.
- Free trade.
- International economic integration.
- International economic relations.
- Central America.
- North America -- Mexican-American Border Region.
- United States.