Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Fiction, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||Orange Prize for Fiction, 2006.|
|Description:||445 p. ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||1: Kipps and Belsey --
2: Anatomy lesson --
3: On beauty and being wrong --
|Responsibility:||by Zadie Smith.|
A death, and an unexpected legacy, force two very different families to examine their deceptions, beliefs, and their very existence. Smith is the author of White Teeth and The Autograph Man.
WorldCat User Reviews (2)
On On Beauty
On Beauty was written by Zadie Smith, who is the same age as E.M. Forster when Howard's End [ISBN: 0679406689] was published. This is a nice parallel as she explicitly evokes Forster's novel as a model. I owe this interesting fact to Frank Kermode's review of the book in the London Review of Books...
- 4 of 5 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
worth the read
- Was this review helpful to you?
- College teachers -- Fiction.
- Massachusetts -- Fiction.
- Domestic fiction.
- Fictional Works.
User lists with this item (16)
- Campus novels and DVDs at UTC(13 items)
by Lupton_Library_Lists updated about a month ago
- August 2013 new titles - Iona College Libraries(222 items)
by dianakiel updated 2013-10-22
- Things I've Read(141 items)
by tinekestruthers updated 2013-03-27
- 1001 Books you must read(43 items)
by derbym14 updated 2013-01-02
- Reading list(429 items)
by emcelroy updated 2011-12-18