Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Francois Vreÿ; Abel Esterhuyse; Thomas Mandrup
|ISBN:||9781775821403 1775821404 9781775821410 1775821412|
|Description:||1 online resource (304 pages)|
|Contents:||Theoretical perspectives: Snap-shots, synapses, and silences: Social theory and military studies; Hamlet's glass and the radical reality of security culture: Religion, authorised violence, and sacrifice; Military contributions to non-traditional missions: The challenges and how to overcome them; Strategising in an era of conceptual change: Security, sanctioned violence and new military roles; On strategic culture: Some perspectives on theory and practice; Aligning societal and military culture. Case studies: The professionalism of small things: The institutional culture of the Australian army; Morphing mirror images of military culture and the emerging nation state insecurities; Namibian military culture; Armies and democratic transitions: Challenges and prospects of building a professional army in Ethiopia. South Africa: Military culture and the South African armed forces, 1910-1961; Forging a new military culture in South Africa in the 1990s; Institutional culture: the SA military and its search for organisational stability; The unfolding landscape of South African military culture: Views of officers from within.|
|Responsibility:||edited by Francois Vreÿ, Abel Esterhuyse and Thomas Mandrup.|
- Military readiness -- Economic aspects.
- Armed Forces -- Mobilization -- Case studies.
- Sociology, Military -- Africa, Sub-Saharan.
- South Africa -- Armed Forces -- Psychological aspects.
- South Africa -- Armed Forces -- Political activity.
- Africa, Sub-Saharan -- Armed Forces -- Operational readiness -- Case studies.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE -- General.
- HISTORY -- Military -- Other.
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING -- Military Science.
- Armed Forces -- Mobilization.
- Armed Forces -- Operational readiness.
- Armed Forces -- Political activity.
- Armed Forces -- Psychological aspects.
- Sociology, Military.
- Africa, Sub-Saharan.
- South Africa.