Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
On our own, together.
Nashville : Vanderbilt University Press, ©2005
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|ISBN:||0826514650 9780826514653 0826514669 9780826514660|
|Description:||xii, 299 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||1. About us : what we have in common / Sally Clay --
2. The historical and philosophical development of peer-run support programs / Jean Campbell --
3. Mental Health Client Action Network (MHCAN), Santa Cruz, California / Bonnie Schell --
4. Portland Coalition for the Psychiatrically Labeled, Portland, Maine / Janine M. Elkanich --
5. The St. Louis Empowerment Center, St. Louis, Missouri / Helen Minth --
6. PEER Center, Inc. Oakland Park, Florida / Edited by Bonnie Schell and Nancy Erwin --
7. GROW in Illinois / Lorraine Keck and Carol Mussey --
8. The Friends Connection, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania / Jeanie Whitecraft, James Scott, Joseph Rogers, Bill Burns-Lynch, Terrance Means and Mark S. Salzer --
9. Advocacy Unlimited, Inc., Connecticut / Yvette Sangster --
10. BRIDGES in Tennessee : building recovery of individual dreams and goals through education and support / Louetta Hix --
11. Common ingredients as a fidelity measure for peer-run programs / Matthew Johnson, Gregory Teague and Elizabeth McDonel Herr --
12. With us : where are we going? / Sally Clay, Bonnie Schell, Patrick Corrigan and Jean Campbell --
Epilogue : ourselves and others --
App. A. Guides to the text --
App. B. Common ingredients of COSPs, CAP definitions --
App. C. National directories.
|Responsibility:||edited by Sally Clay, with Bonnie Schell, Patrick W. Corrigan, and Ruth O. Ralph.|
This is a book like no other. While it contains most all the knowledge one would need to develop successful peer programs, it also addresses the philosophy, values, and passion one needs to do it.