Stegner, Wallace Earle, 1909-1993.
On the teaching of creative writing.
Hanover, N.H. : Montgomery Endowment, Dartmouth College : Distribution by the University Press of New England, c1988
|提及的人：||Wallace Stegner; Wallace Stegner|
Wallace Stegner; Edward Connery Lathem
|描述：||72 p. : port. ; 18 cm.|
|责任：||Wallace Stegner ; edited by Edward Connery Lathem.|
This volume evolved from a series of discussions with Wallace Stegner during his two-month residency at Dartmouth College in the summer of 1980. Stegner was among the first students in the U.S. to receive a master's degree in creative writing; he also founded and directed for 25 years Stanford University's creative writing program. Here he criticizes instructors who use their classrooms to create a coterie of copiers, as well as those indulgent professors who rhapsodize about their students' work without warrant.
- Creative writing (Higher education) -- United States.
- Stegner, Wallace, -- 1909-1993 -- Interviews.
- Création littéraire -- Étude et enseignement.
- Rhétorique -- Étude et enseignement.
- Anglais (Langue) -- Rhétorique -- Étude et enseignement.
- Stegner, Wallace, -- 1909-1993.
- Creative writing (Higher education)
- United States.