Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Edwards, June, 1934-
Opposing censorship in the public schools.
Mahwah, N.J. : L. Erlbaum Associates, 1998
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Reproduction Notes:||Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010. MiAaHDL|
|Description:||1 online resource (xxii, 151 pages)|
|Details:||Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002.|
|Contents:||The debate over government and religion --
The debate over humanism and democracy --
The debate over the purpose of teaching literature --
The debate over Biblical interpretation --
The debate over morality in literature --
Religion and morality in Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut --
Religion and morality in The catcher in the rye by J.D. Salinger --
Religion and morality in Of mice and men by John Steinbeck --
Religion and morality in To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee --
Religion and morality in The grapes of wrath by John Steinbeck --
Religion and morality in I know why the caged bird sings by Maya Angelou --
Suggestions for preventing and responding to challenges.
- Education and state -- United States.
- Public schools -- Curricula -- Censorship -- United States.
- Literature -- Study and teaching -- United States.
- Teaching -- United States -- Religious aspects.
- Christianity and politics -- United States.
- EDUCATION -- Educational Policy & Reform -- General.
- EDUCATION -- Administration -- General.
- Christianity and politics.
- Education and state.
- Literature -- Study and teaching.
- Public schools -- Curricula -- Censorship.
- Teaching -- Religious aspects.
- United States.