Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
Textbooks Early works to 1800
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Thomas, Aquinas Saint; Franciscus Masciptus; Pre-1650 Manuscript Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
Title derived from incipit: "Incipit preclar[um] op[us]culu[m] fallaciar[um] s[an]c[t]i Thome [...]"
Layout: Written in 33-38 long lines, hard-point ruled, with marginal glosses throughout.
Script: Written in humanist cursive script; glosses are in a variety of humanist hands of the 15th and 16th centuries.
Binding: Bound in paper over boards, apparently 19th-century.
Origin: Copied in 1485, presumably in Italy, as per colophon on last leaf verso: "Expliciu[n]t fallacie secu[n]dum s[an]c[t]um Thoma[m] de Aquino ordinis predicatorum, scripte p[er] me, Franc[isc]um Masciptu[m], p[r]imo a[n]no s[u]b a[n]nis D[omi]ni 1485 [...]"
Provenance: 1. Several unread inscriptions in various cursive hands on last leaf verso, including one dated "gennaio 1628" -- 2. Purchased from Heller, 11 February 1960.
Shelf-mark: Urbana, IL, University of Illinois Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Pre-1650 MS 0134.
|Description:||9 leaves : paper ; 203 x 153 (155 x 102) mm. bound to 206 x 155 mm.|
|Other Titles:||De fallaciis|
- Fallacies (Logic) -- Early works to 1800.
- Logic, Medieval -- Textbooks -- Early works to 1800.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Manuscripts, Medieval -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Philosophy, Medieval -- Early works to 1800.
- Syllogism -- Textbooks -- Early works to 1800.
- Truthfulness and falsehood -- Early works to 1800.
- Fallacies (Logic)
- Logic, Medieval.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern)
- Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Philosophy, Medieval.
- Truthfulness and falsehood.
- Illinois -- Urbana.