|提及的人：||Paul B Barringer; Nancy Gordon; John Calvin Metcalf; James Morris Page; Mary Proffitt; Charles F Schydeimer, Capt.; Edward R Stettinius, Jr.; Thaddeus Braxton Woody|
Robert C Light
|注意：||The oral history consists of a taped interview.|
Woody relates very brief anecdotes about Dr. Paul Barringer; Miss Nancy Gordon; billiards tournaments among faculty; Miss Mary Proffitt; titles of professors; chemistry professor nicknamed Dicky Bird; decline of honor system; "in grown" faculty of Virginia gentlemen vs northern faculty who do not know Virginia traditions; admission of women and the honor system; honor system in the Big Ten schools particularly Indiana and Northwestern; admiration of Virginia's honor system; opposition to co-education in the 1920s and "appalling lack of courtesy" to women students; holdouts against women included Dean Runk and how his own mind changed when he observed women excelling as language students; Dr. Metcalf's Bible class; formality and reservation of students; Ed Stettinius; clubs; the "terrifying Yellow Journal"; "Pete" the bell ringer; Captain S the newspaper seller; insularity of students in the 1920s; "The Corner"; boxing teams and tournaments; "greasy grind" in his student days; requirements more difficult in the 1920s; and student spirit in the 1920s, particularly Virginia gentleman tradition, pride in honor system, andabsurdly rigid formality.
- Barringer, Paul B. -- (Paul Brandon), -- 1857-1941.
- Gordon, Nancy.
- Metcalf, John Calvin, -- 1865-1949.
- Page, James Morris, -- 1864-1936.
- Proffitt, Mary.
- Schydeimer, Charles F., -- Capt.
- Stettinius, Edward R., -- Jr. -- (Edward Reilly), -- 1900-1949.
- Woody, Thaddeus Braxton, -- 1901- -- Interviews.
- University of Virginia -- Faculty.
- University of Virginia -- History.
- University of Virginia. -- Honor Committee.
- University of Virginia -- Women students.
- Yellow journal.
- African Americans -- Virginia -- Charlottesville.
- Billiards -- Virginia -- Charlottesville.
- Boxing -- Virginia -- Charlottesville.
- Coeducation -- Virginia.
- Honor system (Higher education) -- Virginia -- Charlottesville.
- Women -- Education -- Virginia.
- Corner (Charlottesville, Va.) -- History.