Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||James W Alexander; Solomon Lefschetz; Oswald Veblen|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Albert W Tucker; William Aspray
|Notes:||Recorded in Princeton, N.J.|
|Description:||Sound cassettes : 3 (60 min. each) : analog, mono. Transcript : 38 p. Computer data (1 file : 66K)|
and the mathematical contributions to the Fire Control Project located at Princeton during the war and to war-time calculation. Tucker also recounts his own career during this period, including his research, his war-time teaching of mathematics and use of the slide rule, and his suggestions for improvements in calculating aids for the military.
- Alexander, James W. -- (James Waddell), -- 1888-1971.
- Lefschetz, Solomon, -- 1884-1972.
- Veblen, Oswald, -- 1880-1960.
- Institute for Advanced Study (Princeton, N.J.). -- School of Mathematics -- Faculty.
- Princeton University. -- Department of Mathematics -- Faculty.
- Mathematicians -- United States.
- Mathematics -- Research -- United States.
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States.