Trova una copia in biblioteca
Stiamo ricercando le biblioteche che possiedono questo documento…
|Persona incaricata:||Herbert A Simon; J C R Licklider; Alan J Perlis; Raj Reddy; Burt Green; J F Traub; George H Heilmeier; Robert B Cooper|
|Tipo documento:||Archival Material|
|Tutti gli autori / Collaboratori:||
Allen Newell; Arthur L Norberg
|Note:||Recorded in Pittsburgh, Pa.|
|Descrizione:||Sound cassettes : 6 (60 min. each) : analog, mono. Transcript : 175 p. Computer data (1 file : 309K)|
Newell describes his introduction to computers through his interest in organizational theory and work with Herb Simon and the Rand Corporation. He discusses early funding of university computer research through the National Institutes of Health and the National Institute of Mental Health. He recounts the creation of the Information Processing Techniques Office under J. C. R. Licklider. Newell recalls the formation of the Computer Science Dept. at Carnegie Mellon and the work of Alan J. Perlis and Raj Reddy. He describes the early funding intiatives of the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) and the work of Burt Green, Robert Cooper, and Joseph Traub. Newell discusses George Heilmeier's attempts to cut back artificial intelligence, especially speech recognition, research. Newell compares research at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Stanford's Artificial Intelligence Laboratory and Computer Science Dept. to work done at Carnegie Mellon. Newell discusses the creation of ARPANET and describes the involvement in the research community in influencing ARPA personnel and initiatives.
- Artificial intelligence -- Research.
- Computer science -- Research.
- Carnegie-Mellon University. -- Computer Science Department.
- United States. -- Advanced Research Projects Agency. -- Information Processing Techniques Office.
- Simon, Herbert A. -- (Herbert Alexander), -- 1916-2001.
- Licklider, J. C. R.
- Perlis, Alan J.
- Reddy, Raj.
- Green, Burt.
- Traub, J. F. -- (Joseph Frederick), -- 1932-
- Heilmeier, George H.
- Cooper, Robert B.
- National Institutes of Health (U.S.)
- National Institute of Mental Health (U.S.)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Stanford Artificial Intelligence Laboratory.
- Stanford University. -- Computer Science Department.
- ARPANET (Computer network)