Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Irving Blum; Felix Landau; Esther Robles; Maurice Tuchman|
|Material Type:||Audio book, etc., Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Sound Recording, Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Betty Asher; Thomas H Garver
|Description:||Sound recording: 4 sound cassettes. Transcript: 59 p.|
Asher speaks of her family; education; her marriage to Dr. Leonard Asher; buying her first prints and painting from the Associated American Artists Gallery; and early purchases at the Little, Bowinkle, and Green Galleries in Los Angeles. She discusses her interest in abstract expressionism; buying art in Mexico and New York; dealers including Irving Blum, Virginia Dwan, Paul Kantor, Felix Landau, Ernest Raboff, Esther Robles, and Ileana Sonnabend; activities and members of the Modern and Contemporary Art Council of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art; her work for Maurice Tuchman; Walter Hopps and the Pasadena Art Museum; and exhibitions and funding of the Asher/Faure Gallery.
- Blum, Irving, -- $$d 1930-
- Landau, Felix, -- 1924-2003.
- Robles, Esther.
- Tuchman, Maurice.
- Asher & Faure.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- Art, American -- 20th century -- Collectors and collecting.
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- California -- Interviews.
- Art museums -- California.
- Women art dealers -- California -- Interviews.
- Art dealers -- California -- Interviews.