Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||George E Forsythe; Edward A Feigenbaum|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edward A Feigenbaum; Pamela McCorduck
|Notes:||Recorded in Stanford, Calif.|
|Description:||Sound cassette : 1 (90 min.) : analog, mono. Transcript : 15 p. Computer data (1 file : 57K)|
Feigenbaum also details the department's financing, including government support (ARPA, National Science Foundation, and the Office of Naval Research), equipment donations from industry (especially IBM), and faculty salaries. He credits George Forsythe for the department's initial success in key areas such as numerical analysis, systems, and artificial intelligence, and hiring talented faculty such as John McCarthy.
- Forsythe, George E. -- (George Elmer), -- 1917-
- Burroughs Corporation.
- Control Data Corporation.
- International Business Machines Corporation.
- Stanford University. -- Computation Center.
- Stanford University. -- Computer Science Dept.
- Stanford University. -- Computer Science Dept. -- Faculty.
- Computer industry -- United States -- History.
- Computer science -- Study and teaching (Higher)
- Federal aid to higher education -- United States.
- Feigenbaum, Edward A.