도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당 아이템을 보유하고 있는 도서관들에 대한 정보를 얻을 수 없습니다
|명시된 사람:||Arthur W Burks; J Presper Eckert; Alan Mathison Turing; Frederic Calland Williams|
|문서 형식:||아카이브 자료|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Harry D Huskey; Christopher Riche Evans
|안에:||Christopher Riche Evans, Pioneers of computing|
|설명:||sound cassette : 1 (60 min.) : analog, mono.|
Huskey discusses his work on the ENIAC, ACE, and SWAC computers. As a mathematics professor at the University of Pennsylvania, he joined the Moore School of Electrical Engineering's ENIAC project in 1944, and with Arthur Burks wrote a technical description of the machine. Huskey credits much of the engineering to J. Presper Eckert, including the idea for stored programming. In 1946 Huskey went to the ACE project at the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) in Great Britain. He tells of the University of Manchester project under the direction of Frederic Calland Williams, whose cathode ray tube Huskey recommended for the ACE. He discusses his interactions with Alan Turing, Turing's interest in artificial intelligence, and the events that led to Turing's resignation from the NPL.
- Burks, Arthur W. -- (Arthur Walter), -- 1915-2008.
- Eckert, J. Presper -- (John Presper), -- 1919-1995.
- Turing, Alan Mathison, -- 1912-1954.
- Williams, Frederic Calland.
- Moore School of Electrical Engineering.
- National Physical Laboratory (Great Britain)
- United States. -- National Bureau of Standards.
- ACE (Computer)
- Computers -- Great Britain -- History.
- Computers -- United States -- History.
- EDVAC (Computer)
- ENIAC (Computer)
- Storage tubes.
- Swac computer.