|提及的人：||Arthur W Burks; J Presper Eckert; Alan Mathison Turing; Frederic Calland Williams|
Harry D Huskey; Christopher Riche Evans
|在：||Christopher Riche Evans, Pioneers of computing|
|描述：||sound cassette : 1 (60 min.) : analog, mono.|
Huskey returned to the United States in 1947 to work for the National Bureau of Standards (NBS). In 1948 he was assigned to design the SWAC, a computer being built by NBS and the UCLA Institute for Numerical Analysis. He describes how he followed the EDVAC in designing SWAC, its use of a mercury delay line memory, and its use from 1950 to 1967, primarily by Air Force contractors and UCLA mathematicians.
- Burks, Arthur W. -- (Arthur Walter), -- 1915-2008.
- Eckert, J. Presper -- (John Presper), -- 1919-1995.
- Turing, Alan Mathison, -- 1912-1954.
- Williams, Frederic Calland.
- Moore School of Electrical Engineering.
- National Physical Laboratory (Great Britain)
- United States. -- National Bureau of Standards.
- ACE (Computer)
- Computers -- Great Britain -- History.
- Computers -- United States -- History.
- EDVAC (Computer)
- ENIAC (Computer)
- Storage tubes.
- Swac computer.