Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Howard Kester|
|Material Type:||Biography, Document, Government publication, Audio book, etc., State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File, Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Howard Kester; Mary Frederickson; Southern Oral History Program.; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Documenting the American South (Project); University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Library.
|Notes:||Title from menu page (viewed on May 22, 2008).
Interview participants: Howard Kester, interviewee; Mary Frederickson, interviewer.
This electronic edition is part of the UNC-CH digital library, Documenting the American South. It is a part of the collection Oral histories of the American South.
Text encoded by Mike Millner. Sound recordings digitized by Aaron Smithers.
|Other Titles:||Oral histories of the American South.
Interview B-0007-2, Southern Oral History Program Collection (#4007)
Interview with Howard Kester, August 25, 1974
- Kester, Howard, -- 1904-1977 -- Interviews.
- Social reformers -- Southern States -- Interviews.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Southern States.
- Employee rights -- Southern States.
- Working class -- Civil rights -- Southern States.
- Southern States -- Race relations.
- Social justice -- Southern States -- Religious aspects.
- Penn School (Saint Helena Island, S.C.)
- Young Women's Christian associations -- Tennessee -- Nashville.
- Fellowship of Southern Churchmen.
- Southern Tenant Farmers' Union.
- Southern Summer School for Women Workers in Industry (U.S.)
- Fellowship of Reconciliation (U.S.)
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Tennessee -- Nashville.