Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||John Wesley Snipes|
|Material Type:||Biography, Document, Government publication, Audio book, etc., State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File, Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Wesley Snipes; Brent D Glass; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Documenting the American South (Project); University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Library.; Southern Oral History Program.
|Notes:||Title from electronic title page of transcript (viewed Sept. 10, 2002).
Audio files have both streaming and download options.
Duration: 2 hrs., 48 min.
This electronic edition is part of the UNC-CH digitization project's database, Documenting the American South. It is a part of the collection The North Carolina experience, beginnings to 1940.
Text transcribed by Apex Data Services Inc. Text encoded by Apex Data Services, Inc., Melissa Meeks and Natalia Smith. Sound recordings digitized by Steve Weiss.
|Details:||Mode of access: Internet World Wide Web.; System requirements: PC with modem or direct Internet connection; SGML viewer required for SGML files; MP3 player for audio files.|
|Other Titles:||North Carolina experience, beginnings to 1940.|
|Responsibility:||(interview conducted) by Brent Glass ; transcribed by Patricia Crowley.|
- Snipes, John Wesley, -- 1901- -- Interviews.
- Factories -- North Carolina -- Employees -- Interviews.
- Working class -- North Carolina -- Interviews.
- Textile factories -- North Carolina -- Employees -- Interviews.
- Farm life -- North Carolina -- Chatham County.
- Mills and mill-work -- North Carolina.
- Bynum (N.C.) -- Social conditions.
- Bynum (N.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Chatham County -- Social conditions.
- Chatham County -- Social life and customs.