|提及的人：||Alan J Perlis|
R W Bemer; John A N Lee
|注意：||Recorded in Phoenix, Ariz.|
|描述：||Sound cassette : 1 (60 min.) : analog, mono. Transcript : 16 p. Computer data (1 file : 38K)|
Bemer discusses early software activities with which he was associated at IBM. He reviews his use of IBM equipment at Lockheed Missiles before joining IBM in 1955 to work on scientific applications of the IBM 705. He discusses his leadership role in the FORTRANSIT project and his involvement in the development of FORTRAN, COMTRAN, and XTRAN. He describes the technical features of FORTRANSIT and compares them to those of the IT, developed by Alan Perlis. Finally, he discusses in some detail IBM's involvement with ALGOL and mentions IBM's position on the ASCII standard.
- Perlis, Alan J.
- International Business Machines Corporation.
- ALGOL (Computer program language)
- Information storage and retrieval systems -- Standards.
- Compilers (Computer programs)
- Computer software -- United States -- History.
- Computer software industry -- United States -- History.
- COMTRAN (Computer program language)
- FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- FORTRANSIT (Compiler)
- IBM 705 (Computer)
- IT (Compiler)
- XTRAN (Computer program language)