Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Thomas Shoji Takemura|
|Material Type:||Biography, Manuscript, Audio book, etc.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Book, Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Thomas Shoji Takemura; Susan Stout; Michael K Honey; University of Washington, Tacoma. Community History Project.
|Notes:||The Thomas Shoji Takemura oral history interview forms the core of a class project by Susan Stout for the Community History Project under the supervision of Professor Michael K. Honey. The main contents of Stout's project are contained in a looseleaf binder, which includes the sound recording and transcript of the interview with Takemura, as well as the sound recording of two lectures given by Takemura at Clover Park High School on 17 April 1991 (the transcript of one of these lectures is included). Also included is Stouts's research paper, which includes several photographs, and Takemura's release form.
Interview conducted on 9 May 1991, by Susan Stout; recorded in Tacoma, Washington.
|Description:||Transcript : 29 p. Sound recordings: 3 sound cassettes (ca. 120 min.) : analog, mono.|
|Other Titles:||"No Fair," Camp Harmony, 1942|
- Takemura, Thomas Shoji -- Interviews.
- Puyallup Assembly Center (Puyallup, Wash.) -- Personal narratives.
- Japanese American Citizens' League.
- Utah-Idaho Sugar Company.
- Japanese Americans -- Washington (State) -- Fife -- Interviews.
- Civic leaders -- Washington (State) -- Fife -- Interviews.
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945 -- Personal narratives.
- Japanese Americans -- Reparations -- Personal narratives.
- Japanese Americans -- Washington (State)
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Washington (State)
- Tacoma (Wash.) -- Ethnic relations -- History -- 20th century.
- Tacoma (Wash.) -- Race relations.