Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||George E Forsythe|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William F Miller; Pamela McCorduck
|Notes:||Recorded in Stanford, Calif.|
|Description:||Sound cassette : 1 (90 min.) : analog, mono. Transcript : 10 p. Computer data (1 file : 35K)|
Miller explains the relations of the computer science department to the computer center and the mathematics and electrical engineering departments, and how these relationships strengthened the university's computer science program. Miller also provide some details about the early funding of the department by the Atomic Energy Commission and the National Science Foundation.
- Forsythe, George E. -- (George Elmer), -- 1917-
- Argonne National Laboratory.
- Harvard University. -- Computation Laboratory.
- Moore School of Electrical Engineering.
- National Science Foundation (U.S.)
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center.
- Stanford University. -- Computer Science Dept.
- Stanford University. -- Dept. of Electrical Engineering.
- Stanford University. -- Mathematics Dept.
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission.
- University of Chicago. -- Institute for Computer Research.
- Computer science -- Study and teaching.