|描述：||xiii, 306 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 24 cm|
|内容：||1. Prologue --
2. The birth of the band --
3. Tours and tribulations --
4. Rivals and survival --
5. Years of war and austerity --
6. Dealing with the maestro --
7. Breaking the mould: the Fleischmann years --
8. Years of living glamorously --
9. High stakes and low cunning: the struggle for the Barbican --
10. The challenges for the orchestra in the twenty-first century --
First Performances given by the LSO --
Film Scores performed and recorded by the LSO --
LSO Festivals --
Recordings released on LSO Live.
"Leading columnist Richard Morrison looks at both sides of the coin: the dazzling public face of the London Symphony Orchestra the personal stories - heroic, hilarious and touching - of the players, and explores what makes this great orchestra tick. He looks at the bad times as well as the good, including the disastrous early years at the Barbican the notorious playboy era of the 1970s and the remarkable transformation over the past 20 years into one of the most successful and ambitious arts organisations that Britain has ever produced."--BOOK JACKET.