F Gerald Downing
|描述：||xiii, 395 pages ; 24 cm.|
|内容：||"Let everything be done decently and in order ([euschēmonōs kai kata taxin])" (1Cor 14.40) : unity, order and problems of diversity : A. Greeks, Romans, Jews --
"Let everything be done decently and in order ([euschēmonōs kai kata taxin])" (1 Cor 14.40) : unity, order and problems of diversity : B. The New Testament authors --
Order within : passions, divine and human : A. In the wider Graeco-Roman world --
Order within : passions, divine and human : B. Among late Second Temple Jews and the first Christians --
Order in composition: "[kathexēs soi grapsai]" (Luke 1.3) --
Order in thought : ambiguity, ancient semantics, and faith --
"All things to all people", "[tois pasin panta]" (1Cor 9.22) : (dis)order in thought : free-range reflections to engage Dio of Prusa's and Paul's implied audiences --
Legislation as social engineering in the New Testament world --
"What, then, of the law?", "[ti oun ho nomos;]" Gal. 3.19 : appraisals of law in Paul and other New Testament writers, and in the wider Graeco-Roman world --
Justification as acquittal? A critical examination of judicial parlance in Paul's world --
Disorderly court procedure : Pliny's prosecutions of Christians --
The Baptist's new order --
Dissident Jesus --
|丛书名：||Supplements to Novum Testamentum, v. 151.|
|责任：||by F. Gerald Downing.|
Law and order found widespread support in the world of the first Christians - and, perhaps surprisingly, also trenchant critiques. Justice was not by any means always seen to be done. Acceptance and dissent appear from Jesus and Paul, onwards.
- Church polity -- History -- Early church, ca. 30-600.
- Church history -- Primitive and early church, ca. 30-600.
- Christianity and culture -- History -- Early church, ca. 30-600.
- Law (Theology) -- Biblical teaching.
- Bible. -- Epistles of Paul -- Theology.
- Order -- History.
- Bible. -- Epistles of Paul.
- Christianity and culture -- Early church.
- Church history -- Primitive and early church.
- Church polity -- Early church.
- Kristendom och kultur -- historia.