Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Walter Marcus Pierce; Society of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, Oregon,; Hill Military Academy (Portland, Or.),; United States. District Court (Oregon); United States. Supreme Court.
|Notes:||Record of proceedings against the Oregon compulsory public school law had in the federal court for the District of Oregon and the complete record of the final hearing upon appeal before the United States Supreme court in the two cases: Walter M. Pierce, as governor of the state of Oregon; Isaac H. Van Winkle, as attorney general of the state of Oregon; and Stanley Myers, as district attorney for Multnomah county, state of Oregon, appellants, vs. the Society of the sisters of the Holy names of Jesus and Mary and vs. Hill military academy.
"Oregon compulsory public school law": p. 9-10; "State laws relative to private schools and classified summary thereof": p. 767-934.
|Description:||943 pages 24 cm|
- Education, Compulsory -- Oregon.
- Educational law and legislation -- Oregon.
- Educational law and legislation -- United States.
- Constitutional law -- United States.
- United States. -- Constitution. -- 14th Amendment.
- Private schools -- United States.
- Constitution (United States)
- Constitutional law.
- Education, Compulsory.
- Educational law and legislation.
- Private schools.
- United States.