|提及的人：||Francis Parkman; Francis Parkman|
Francis Parkman; David Levin
|注意：||Reprint. Originally published: The California and Oregon Trail. New York : Putnam, 1849.|
|描述：||463 pages : portrait ; 19 cm.|
|叢書名：||Penguin American library.|
|責任：||by Francis Parkman, Jr. ; edited with an introduction by David Levin.|
The Oregon Trail is the gripping account of Francis Parkman's journey west across North America in 1846. After crossing the Allegheny Mountains by coach and continuing by boat and wagon to Westport, Missouri, he set out with three companions on a horseback journey that would ultimately take him over two thousand miles. Map.
Washington Reads (Spring 2006) Selection
評論者是 WashingtonStateLibrary (WorldCat讀者所發佈的 2006-05-15)
Parkman’s account is the acknowledged classic of the American journey in 1846, chronicling the author’s journey along a portion of the Oregon Trail. His first-person, in-depth descriptions of people and their adventures, as well as vibrant imagery of nature, bring the reader right along with him on the...
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel.
- Indians of North America -- West (U.S.)
- Frontier and pioneer life -- West (U.S.)
- Oregon National Historic Trail.
- California National Historic Trail.
- West (U.S.) -- History -- To 1848.
- Parkman, Francis, -- 1823-1893 -- Travel -- West (U.S.)
- United States -- Western states -- Description & travel, 1846 - Personal observations
- Parkman, Francis, -- 1823-1893.
- Frontier and pioneer life.
- Indians of North America.
- United States -- California National Historic Trail.
- United States -- Oregon National Historic Trail.
- United States, West.