Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Thomas H Steichen; E A Syftestad|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Farmers Union Central Exchange (Saint Paul, Minn.); CF Industries, Inc. (Long Grove, Ill.); Land O'Lakes, Inc.; National Cooperative Refinery Association (McPherson, Kan.); Universal Cooperatives, Inc.; Grain Terminal Association (Minn.)|
|Notes:||Related materials: Annual reports are found in the Minnesota Historical Society reference library.
Related materials: Oral history interview audio tapes have been transferred to the Minnesota Historical Society audio-visual collections.
|Description:||32.5 cu. ft. (32 boxes)|
The collection is comprised mostly of subject files containing information about various products and services offered by CENEX, its various facilities and operations, its officers and employees, and affiliated local coops. There is information about the history of the organization, and of the cooperative movement generally; various products carried and manufactured by CENEX; farm tractors manufactured by and sold through CENEX; employee education and training; an oil refinery owned by the organization at Laurel, Montana; and several subsidiary and related businesses. Motion pictures are primarily concerned with farmers and farming, with cooperatives, and with CENEX itself; several film catalogs provide brief synopses of these and other motion pictures. Most of the phonograph records were apparently meant to be used in conjunction with filmstrips as training presentations.
- Steichen, Thomas H., -- ca.1912-1972.
- Syftestad, E. A. -- (Emil A.), -- 1891-1957.
- Chicago Great Western Railway Company (1940-1968) -- Pictorial works.
- Cooperative societies -- Minnesota.
- Cooperative societies -- Officials and employees.
- Farm tractors -- Minnesota.
- Petroleum products.
- Petroleum refineries -- Montana.
- Consumer cooperatives -- Minnesota.
- Service stations.
- Employees -- Training of.
- South Saint Paul (Minn.) -- Industries.