Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||John Forster; John Dickens|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Charles Dickens; Edward Chapman; William Hall; Richard Bentley; Chapman and Hall.; Richard Bentley and Son.
|Notes:||Bound in full green morocco with red morocco doublures, stamped "A. Horclois Dor."
Item 2 is 2 vellum leaves, 59 x 70 cm., with signatures of Dickens, Edward Chapman and William Hall, and various seals and stamps. Items 3, 4, and 7 are on paper with similar signatures and seals.
|Description:||7 items, bound : vellum and paper ; 40 cm.|
|Contents:||Title page --
1. watercolor picture "John Dickens (Father of Charles Dickens)" --
2. contract between Dickens and the publishers Chapman and Hall for the publication of Nicholas Nickelby, 1837 Nov. 18 --
3. same for the publication of Master Humphrey's clock, 1840 Mar. 31 --
4. contract between Dickens and Richard Bentley for the publication of Oliver Twist, 1840 July 2 --
5. letter from Dickens to Chapman and Hall concerning their advance of money to him, 1841 July 31 --
6. watercolor picture of John Forster --
7. contract between Dickens and Chapman and Hall for the publication of Martin Chuzzlewit, 1841 Sept. 7.