Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Orville L Freeman; Vincent Hallinan; Hawkins family.; Kenneth C Haycraft; Marian Le Sueur; Joseph McCarthy; Floyd Björnstjerne Olson; Ethel Rosenberg; Julius Rosenberg; Harold E Stassen; James M Youngdale|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Oscar F Hawkins; John G Alexander; Herbert Aptheker; Joseph H Ball; David S Barbour; Elmer A Benson; John A Blatnik; Earl Browder; Eugene Dennis; W E B Du Bois; Gerhart Eisler; Elizabeth Gurley Flynn; William James Gallagher; Frank Hawkins; Madge Hawkins; Ruth Hawkins; Hubert H Humphrey; Walter H Judd; Estes Kefauver; Corliss Lamont; Ernest Lundeen; Eugene J McCarthy; George E MacKinnon; Scott Nearing; Maud Russell; Clarence Ollson Senior; Henrik Shipstead; Joseph Stalin; Anna Louise Strong; Norman Thomas; Edward John Thye; Henry A Wallace; Roy William Wier
|Notes:||Includes an unprocessed collection.|
|Description:||7.0 cubic feet (13 boxes)|
The majority of the papers are largely political and consist of campaign literature from many parties; pamphlets, leaflets, and newsletters from the Farmer-Labor, Democratic-Farmer-Labor, and Progressive parties, as well as from various labor, communist, and socialist organizations; printed materials of temperance (1920s-1930s), pacifist (1920s-1950s), and civil liberties groups; Hawkins' letters to newspaper editors on political subjects; and information on Madge Hawkins' activities in the Hennepin County Farmer-Labor Women's Club (1930s-1940s) and other political organizations.
Early letters (1888-1920) deal with Oscar's family activities and teaching in several Minnesota and California communities. There is also correspondence (1940-1948) between Hawkins and David Barbour of Portland, Oregon, whose Minneapolis lands Hawkins was managing.
- Freeman, Orville L.
- Hallinan, Vincent.
- Hawkins family.
- Haycraft, Kenneth C. -- (Kenneth Clair), -- 1907-
- Le Sueur, Marian, -- 1877-1954.
- McCarthy, Joseph, -- 1908-1957.
- Olson, Floyd Björnstjerne, -- 1891-1936.
- Rosenberg, Ethel, -- 1915-1953 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Rosenberg, Julius, -- 1918-1953 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Stassen, Harold E. -- (Harold Edward), -- 1907-2001.
- Youngdale, James M.
- American Peace Mobilization.
- Civil Rights Congress (U.S.)
- Committee for a Democratic Far Eastern Policy.
- Communist Party of the United States of America.
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.). -- Political Action Committee.
- Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party.
- Democratic Party (U.S.)
- Everybody's Committee to Outlaw War.
- Farmer-Labor Party (Minn.)
- Independent Voters of Minnesota.
- Medical Bureau to Aid Spanish Democracy.
- Methodist Federation for Social Action (U.S.)
- Minneapolis Union Education Center.
- Minnesota Committee for the Protection of the Foreign Born.
- Minnesota United Nations Committee.
- National Council of American-Soviet Friendship (U.S.)
- National Emergency Civil Liberties Committee (U.S.)
- Non-Partisan Labor Defense.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- People's Lobby.
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948)
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- )
- Russian War Relief, Inc.
- Saturday Lunch Club (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- United Nations.
- United States. -- Army. -- Minnesota Infantry Regiment, 13th (1898-1899)
- Women's International League for Peace and Freedom.
- Workers' Defense League.
- Civil defense -- United States.
- Civil rights -- United States.
- Cooperative societies.
- Education -- California.
- Education -- Minnesota.
- Internal security -- United States.
- Korean War, 1950-1953.
- Loyalty oaths -- United States.
- Spanish-American War, 1898.
- World War, 1939-1945.
- Minneapolis (Minn.)
- United States -- Foreign relations.
- United States -- Politics and government.