Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Otis R Marston|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Otis R Marston
|Notes:||Thousands of items from the Marston Papers have been digitized and are available on the Huntington Digital Library. Please click on that link in this record to view the images and film.|
|Description:||Approx. 250,000 pieces. 432 boxes. 54 microfilm rolls. 251 volumes. 162 motion picture reels. 61 photo boxes.|
Included are log books from river expeditions, journals, diaries, extensive original correspondence as well as copies of material in other repositories, manuscripts, motion pictures, still images, research notes, and printed material.
While the principal focus is the history of river-running, the collection also touches, often in depth and with original materials, on the geology of the entire region, the history of mining, water issues, hydroelectric power development, recreational use and policy issues, the history of transportation, the ecology of various riverine ecosystems, exploration, the film industry and promotion of the West, and indigenous cultures.
- Marston, Otis R. -- Archives.
- Aquatic sports -- West (U.S.)
- Boats and boating -- West (U.S.)
- Geology -- West (U.S.)
- Indians of North America -- West (U.S.) -- History.
- Mines and mineral resources -- West (U.S.)
- Mineral industries -- West (U.S.) -- History.
- Motion picture industry -- West (U.S.)
- National parks and reserves -- West (U.S.)
- Outdoor recreation -- West (U.S.)
- Rafting (Sports) -- West (U.S.)
- Rapids -- West (U.S.)
- Riparian ecology -- West (U.S.)
- Rivers -- West (U.S.)
- Rivers -- Recreational use -- West (U.S.)
- White-water canoeing -- West (U.S.)
- Transportation -- West (U.S) -- History.
- Water power -- West (U.S)
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico)
- Colorado River Delta (Mexico)
- Colorado River Watershed (Colo.-Mexico)
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.)
- Green River (Wyo.-Utah)
- Green River Watershed (Wyo.-Utah)