Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Otto Arthur Rothert; Ludie J Kinkead; J Winston Coleman; Holman Hamilton; Hambleton Tapp; Thomas D Clark; Samuel M Wilson; Rogers Clark Ballard Thruston|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Otto Arthur Rothert
|Description:||4.2 cubic feet.|
Clippings reflect Rothert's many interests including history, horticulture, and photography. Many are articles on Rothert or on one of his numerous books and monographs, including "Local History in Kentucky Literature" (1915), "The Story of a Poet: Madison Cawein" (1921), "A Picturography of Madison Cawein" (1921), "The Filson Club and Its Activities" (1922), "Forest Retreat and Its Garden" (1938), and "List of Shrubs and Trees in the Garden at Forest Retreat" (1942).
In the correspondence, the majority of which is written to Holman Hamilton between Rothert's retirement and his death, Rothert speaks of history, of personal matters, and of his many friends in the historical profession, among whom are Hambleton Tapp, J. Winston Coleman, and Thomas D. Clark, and the two Lexington, Kentucky discussion clubs to which he belonged: Judge Samuel M. Wilson's "Ye Cakes and Ale Club" and the "Book Thieves."
- Rothert, Otto Arthur, -- 1871-1956.
- Kinkead, Ludie J.
- Coleman, J. Winston, -- 1898-1983.
- Hamilton, Holman, -- 1910-1980.
- Tapp, Hambleton.
- Clark, Thomas D., -- 1903-
- Wilson, Samuel M., -- 1871-1946.
- Thruston, Rogers Clark Ballard, -- 1858-1946.
- Filson Club.
- University of Notre Dame.
- Book Thieves (Lexington, Ky.)
- Ye Cakes and Ale Club (Lexington, Ky.)
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- History.
- Kentucky -- History and criticism.
- Lexington (Ky.)
- Kentucky -- Literature -- History and criticism.